My last trip, last city, last post (making it a nice round 30)! I met up with one of my closest friends who was actually in London doing an internship at the UK Parliament… He is quite the boss. I forced him to spend every hour he wasn’t at work to romp around the city. And man, did we do a lot in a few days.
We made a list of everything– here it is.
- We met at a cute pub for a beer outside in the sunny weather
- Explored Camden and had an obscenely expensive dinner at a terribly cute restaurant
- Had giant beers at a gay bar
- Took a walking tour the next morning– saw St. James Palace, Trafalgar Square, a Redcoat Soldier, Buckingham Palace, Green Park, Westminster Abbey, Parliament
- went to Reed’s boss’ country club for a shmoozy afternoon lunch
- went to what we thought was an original cutesy café, Pret a Manger, ended up being literally on every single block of the entire city
- Leicester Square- with larger than life street performances. There we spontaneously decided to get tickets for a standup comedy show
- Went out in Camden and went to three totally different bars– lots of dancing and drinks involved here
- the next morning- slowly made our way over to Camden Market where we both got huge boats of Chinese/Thai food
- we ambled around the old city– saw fleet street, the Bank of England, St. Paul’s Cathedral (and made it in time for a pretty cool little performance!)
- London bridge, Tower bridge, Globe Theater
- Tas Pide- anatolian food
- crossed the wobbly bridge and continued to walk and talk late into the night
- The next day, I spent the afternoon exploring the British Museum. It’s free and it has huge exhibits dedicated to each part of the world. Whether you’re interested in science, history, art, or culture, there’s something here for you. It was packed with families, students, and tour groups, but it still was one of my favorite museums. I just wish I had had more time there!
- We went to mass at Westminster Abbey- complete with a young boy’s choir
- Saw the Parent Trap House
- Got Indian Food
- the next day I went to Portabello Market to buy some last minute gifts, then the science museum (which was AWESOME), Hyde Park, and Kensington Garden
- Last night- dinner at a pub, saw Jersey boys, then went out for one last night
There is way too much to do in London, it’s overwhelming!! We packed in a lot for a few days and I still have so many more neighborhoods I wanted to explore and of course the Wimbledon grounds. But it was a great few days with Reed, we really did have the time of our lives.
And then before I knew it, I was on my way home! I had a smooth flight and was in Toledo in a mere 12 hours. 6 months, 11 countries, and over 25 cities later, I am at home sweet home. I can’t believe the adventures I went on, the people I met, the numerous items I was able to cross off my bucket list. It was quite the journey and I have no one but my parents to thank for literally giving me the world.